Our Areas of Practice
When your freedom and your criminal record are at stake, you can’t afford to work with a lawyer who isn’t completely committed to your case.
- Criminal Defense
- 10 20 Life Crimes
- Animal Abuse Pet Owner Negligence
- Bond Hearings
- Criminal Charges
- Criminal Defense Firm Overview
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Offenses
- Federal Crimes
- Juvenile Crimes
- Mandatory Minimum Sentences
- Murders and Degrees of Homicide
- Possession of Alcohol by a Minor
- Seal and Expunge
- Sex Crimes
- Theft Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- Weapons Offenses
- White Collar Crimes
- Will I Go to Jail?
Request A Free Consultation
Florida Mortgage Fraud Lawyer
Federal crimes demand a strong defense by attorneys who are experienced in federal court. The prosecutors are skilled and federal agencies have considerable tools and resources. The penalties are stiffer than for state crimes, and there is less leeway for negotiations.
The criminal defense lawyers of Ferrer Shane, PL, provide sophisticated representation for mortgage fraud and other federal offenses. We represent anyone who is indicted or under investigation in the Miami area and throughout South Florida. Contact us immediately to talk to lawyers who understand you are in a fight for your life.
Mortgage Fraud Defense
In the wake of the housing crisis, federal authorities are cracking down harder than ever on mortgage fraud and banking fraud. We provide a smart and spirited defense for this serious offense, whatever the accusations:
- Providing false information on a loan application
- Securing multiple mortgages on the same property
- Straw buyer scams
- Collusion to inflate appraisals
- Offering property without owning title
- Loan modification scams
The Ferrer Shane legal team is skilled at challenging the government’s evidence of your involvement or criminal intent. We can represent buyers, sellers, real estate professionals, or banking employees accused of fraud or conspiracy to commit mortgage fraud.
Other Federal Crimes
We can provide the same high level of aggressive and strategic defense for any federal charges, including:
- Health care fraud (false insurance claims, overbilling Medicare, etc.)
- Embezzlement or breach of fiduciary duty
- Credit card fraud or identity theft
- Wire fraud, mail fraud, or conspiracy
- Obstruction of justice
- Money laundering (and asset forfeiture representation)
- Federal weapons charges
- Federal drug crimes
- Kidnapping, armed robbery, and other offenses in which crossing state lines puts the crime under federal jurisdiction
With prison terms of 5 to 30 years for fraud and other federal crimes, you need attorneys who will fight the government to preserve your freedom or limit the impact. We understand federal rules of discovery and federal court procedure, and where there are opportunities for negotiation. We also provide proactive intervention if you suspect that you are the target of a federal probe and have not yet been arrested or indicted by a grand jury.
Call our Miami law office at 305-262-2728 or 888-609-5947 for a free initial consultation to find out where you stand and how we can help beat this rap or mitigate the consequences.