Our Areas of Practice
Getting a speeding ticket in Miami is never fun, but fight the speeding ticket does not have to be difficult and expensive.
- Traffic Tickets
- Traffic Offenses
- Criminal Traffic Violations
- Suspended License/DWLS
- Habitual Traffic Offenders
- Failure to Appear for a Court Date
- Commercial License
- What’s the Status of Your Traffic Ticket
Request A Free Consultation
Florida Remedial Traffic Course Lawyer
When you receive a traffic citation, you have three main options: pay it, fight it, or go to traffic school. Attending traffic school will keep the offense off of your record and avoid the points against your Florida driver’s license.
However, you can only elect traffic school so many times. In general, our attorneys recommend against choosing traffic school, to preserve this important alternative for when you really need it – such as when you get a ticket out of town.
If you were cited for a traffic offense in the Miami area or anywhere in Florida, contact Ferrer Shane, PL. Our knowledgeable attorneys can explain your options and help you decide what is the best move for your particular situation.
Florida Traffic School (Basic Driver Improvement Course)
The purpose of traffic school is to re-educate you about Florida traffic laws, safe driving habits, and your driving privileges. You must take the course from an agency approved by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Traffic school is typically four hours long and can be taken as a classroom course or even online.
- Most moving violations, such as speeding, careless driving, running a stop sign or red light, are eligible for traffic school.
- Traffic school is not an option for criminal traffic violations such as DUI, drag racing, driving on a suspended license, or leaving the scene of an accident.
- You cannot opt for traffic school after you have paid the fine for a traffic citation.
- You cannot elect traffic school more than once in a 12-month period.
- You can only elect traffic school five times in a lifetime. Explore the alternatives, especially if you have already used traffic school one or more times to avoid points.
Our traffic violation lawyers have a very good record of getting traffic tickets dismissed or reduced, without the bother of attending traffic school and with no points assessed against your license. We prefer to have the Court order traffic school rather than voluntarily using up your limited number of chances.
Contact Us Today
Find out where you stand and how we can help. Call Ferrer Shane, PL, at 305-262-2728 or 888-609-5947, or e-mail our Miami law firm.