Our Areas of Practice

We focus our firm’s resources on handling personal injury matters for clients who have been seriously injured in Florida accidents.

Request A Free Consultation

Name (required)

Email (required)

Telephone (required)


People who hope to legally live and work in the U.S. must obtain a visa. A visa is frequently needed whether the individual intends to live permanently in the U.S. or only for a period of time.

Several types of visa are available. The type of visa that you apply for is based on your intentions. If you’re traveling to the U.S. for school or work, then you’ll apply for a different visa than you would if you’re marrying an American citizen.

Knowing which type of visa to apply for is important. Then, it’s critical to complete a complex process. A Miami immigration lawyer at Ferrer Shane Gonzalez can help you.

Fiancée Visa

Also known as a K-1 visa, the fiancée visa enables a foreign citizen to marry a U.S. citizen within the 90-day term following their arrival. Once the marriage is performed, the foreign citizen may apply to adjust their status to being a permanent resident. Obtaining a K-1 visa begins with the U.S. citizen filing the Petition for Alien Fiancée, Form I-129F.

T Visa 

If you or someone you love is the victim of human trafficking, then you may be eligible for a T visa. In 2000, the U.S. Congress created the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act. Part of the law is the T visa, which is designed to protect the victims of human trafficking. Contact Ferrer Shane Gonzalez to learn more.

U Visa 

Similar to the T visa, the U visa is designed to assist people who are the victims of criminal activity. Applicants for a U visa must be a victim of a crime, and the qualifying criminal activity must have occurred in the U.S. The victim must have suffered mental or physical abuse and possess information about the criminal activity that may help law enforcement. If you believe you may be eligible for a U Visa, contact Ferrer Shane Gonzalez.

Work Visa 

Many people come to the U.S. because their employer requires it. Most of these visas are categorized as non-immigrant visas. Holding such a visa makes it possible for an individual to live and work in the U.S. for a specified period of time. Extensions may be available if the worker needs more time in the U.S. to fulfill their responsibilities.

Student Visa 

Seeking further academic achievement is an excellent reason to pursue a visa. Known as the F-1 visa, this credential makes it possible for foreign citizens to come to the U.S. as a full-time student. Usually, they must be enrolled in a program that will result in a certificate or degree.

Investor Visa 

If you are hoping to establish a business in America and you are a foreign national, then you may want to pursue an immigrant investor visa. Qualifying for this competitive visa means that you must be prepared to invest a minimum of one million U.S. dollars or $500,000 U.S. in a high-unemployment area.

Contact the Miami immigration lawyers at Ferrer Shane Gonzalez to learn more about your visa options.